Friday, January 21, 2011

thank you mr. clooney, but you are too much

i had an ER immersion this week. immersion as in i watched at least 4 discs worth of episodes of the show.  i took care or someone who had it on continuous play all day, and i had to be in the room the entire day . i don't normally watch a lot of medical shows, maybe just an occasional "house." however ER has a special place in my heart ever since i started watching it at grandma's house when it all began (grandma's house with cable). the uptight dr. green, the young dr. carter who my mother adored, and that charming dr. ross (george clooney, of course) are all such good characters, although who doesn't like a dr. stamos running around on tv?!?

i loved the throw back to the mid-90's tv drama. that's not so bad for work, right? but it's not so healthy for me i realized. i dream a lot. and remember my dreams a lot. for whatever reason, televsion characters like to hop in on my dreams when i get too much. so this past week i haven't been able to sleep as my work and dr. ross worlds have collided; i have only been able to dream about busy hospitals and all the things i haven't done yet to help dying patients. i don't love to wake up after that kind of stress. so for now, i think i better stop work or stop that ER. or at least take them in smaller doses.

little george, compliments to lifethouch portriats
germs and me (first day of school)
on a side note, i would like to say thank you to little boy george. i've been a fan since i was in my youngest years. as children we had similar mushroom cuts, and similar ambitions (obviously). he gives me hope that i can rise above that silly ol' wedge haircut one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment