Sunday, January 30, 2011

What am I, a lion or a tiger?

i love grandma's house. you love grandma's house. everyone loves grandma's house. there are so many reasons for this-homemade egg rolls, christmas time, unconditional love and spoiling. one reason grandma's house seems different is that time stands still in her house more than any other place. my grandpa designed and helped build their house of 50 some years. besides just loving that place because it means family, i just love the actual house itself. these are just some of his special touches that i love.


my grandpa made these personalized cups with his label maker for us dang grandkids (he labeled e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g). i'm sure it's cause he was sick of us leaving a million cups everywhere, half filled with a&w rootbeer.


handcut tile something-or-others in the kitchen. grandpa had skilllls.
stove top heat dial. i just like this.
the volume/channel control for the mini tv in the kitchen. i thought a tv in the kitchen was the most advanced thing a person could have, thought my grandparents must have been so loaded. loved watching tv at the kitchen bar while eating my reeses puffs. the tv's gone, but this still is around to remind me of watching looney tunes on saturday morning.
i have no idea how old this is, but everytime i open the cabinet to get a cereal bowl, i see this taped to the inside of the cabinet door. grandma could never tell the difference between the two, so good thing grandpa pounded it into all of our brains. after a few decades, i can testify-along with my grandma- that this is in fact a tiger.

1 comment:

  1. i wish someone would post a picture in my cereal cupboard to make all of my misunderstandings and questions as clear to me as this tiger now is to you. and grandma.

    ReplyDelete