Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chariots of Fire




Started off today with celebrating Nurse's Day at the Luis Vernaza hospital's health fair! We set up a booth with our CPR dummies and were teaching people how to do CPR on adults and children. It seemed like a lot of the health care professionals didn't have a lot of exposure to CPR...so that was kind of interesting...but they were pretty willing to learn!

This afternoon me and few girls went running down on the Malecon, which is by the river. Back in high school cross country, we had a stretch called "seal."..called this because you look like one because you're stretching your stomach to prevent side cramps. I warned the girls that I had to do it real quick. So I starting doing it by the entrance of the Malecon park/walkway and the guard there started to yell at me and told me to go somewhere else. Haha....I'm not sure why. But we just ran away. The rest of our run was nice and sweaty! (I got the "I sweat like a man" award today by the way. I'm guessing most of you know why. Especially Sarah.) During our run, Chariots of Fire started playing over the speakers in the park. Very perfect! I kind of wanted to start hurdling everything and everyone. First time I've probably ever heard that song anywhere besides the movie and when I played it on the piano like a decade ago. It's been so nice to go running the days that we can!

This picture at the fountain is of a few of us after eating at Fragola, our favorite ice cream place here. That's the 3rd time we've been there, and it's the same people working every time...we're practically family. While we were eating our ice cream, a man was crossing the street and flossing his teeth. I took a picture, and well he saw me take it, but he just laughed sorta. Made me think of Dad and how much he just LOVES to floss his teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment