Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chasing Dolphins




Saturday was a perfect day. We went to a place about an hour and a half away to get on a boat and see some dolphins! Some had their doubts on whether we'd actually see any or many...but turns out there were tons. Maybe like 10 different ones around our boats? They were jumping a lot and occasionally throwing in some back flips. They got as close as a foot away from our boat...everyone was yelling and going crazy anytime we'd see one. Everyone but Brianna...haha...she gets seasick, so she took some motion sickness medicine and was passed out like a drunken sailor on the floor of the boat the entire time. Poor girl! That's the best picture I got of the dolphins. I gave up after a while...should've given up sooner...because we kept missing actually SEEING the dolphins. No more 3 x5's. Well, that's a lie.

After that excursion, we went to restaurant on the beach called Las Playas, Bellavista, where I ate a delicious sea bass. Absolutely perfect! I'm suprised I even ordered it after seeing a lot of dead fish-with half their heads chopped off-hanging out people's houses in the community the day before. But I think ours was pretty safe!

The water was warm and the waves were perfect for body surfing! Pretty much all 20 of us battled the waves for most of the day. Lots of swalling salt, but not to worry. The Pinguino man, the icecream man, was on the beach selling Magnum bars. I have heard about Magnum bars constantly this whole time, and Saturday I ate the first one. The most delicious ice cream bar I could ask for...what a wonderful way to end the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment