Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wooden Pirates and Ward Choirs



We walked to the lighthouse again this afternoon. This is a handsome man I met while I was up there. Well, he's actually not a man. He's a wooden pirate. But I love him anyway.

Our last Sunday in Guayaquil. We made up a little choir and sang today in Sacrament meeting. Jacob, one of the students, gave a really good talk about families, and then we sang "Joseph Smith's First Vision" (in Spanish) to the tune of "Come Thou Fount." There was such a good feeling there while we sang, and I just felt a special link between and the people at church while we were singing, and it was because what happened as a result of that prayer that we are united in the same purpose. It was really cool, and I just felt a lot of love for them. I'm really so grateful for the Gospel in my life, and it has blessed me in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment