Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Little Sick





Yesterday was a busy day for most of us. We left for the hospital at 7, and most people didn't get back until 9:45 at night. We went to the maternity hospital again, then there was CPR teaching after that, and then the temple. I missed the CPR teaching because I haven't been feeling so good the past couple days. I just came home and slept. I woke up with a fever yesterday and then kind of achy and stuff like that. I was feeling okay enough to go to the temple because I really wanted to, but I was really chilled through most of it. The temple workers there are really so adorable. One older couple is from Nova Scotia, and I met them last week when we went. The wife gave me a warm towel to put on my shoulders while I was waiting. It was the best thing that could've ever happened in that moment! She is really so cute with her Canadian accent speaking the most perfect spanglish.

At the maternity hospital we got to do some good labor support for a few women. There were 3 babies born in the first hour we were there! I was with one woman named Reina who was SO appreciative of just having a wet towel on her head. We got to bring her baby to her...but it was like an hour and a half after until she got to actually hold it. It takes a while. One lady was yelling at one the students not to leave her...it doesn't surprise me though since they don't have anyone else! P.S. That's Reina's baby I'm holding in that picture with the totally hot hairnet. Please please don't be jelous of how GOOD I look right there.

I am staying at the hotel today because I'm still feeling pretty sick. Good thing I'm with a bunch of nurses, right?

1 comment:

  1. So pretty much I'm in love with you and how good you are at blogging. Not surprising at all. Thanks for being such a babe. See you in 2 weeks!! Bah!

    ReplyDelete