Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Today is Mother's Day! The second biggest holiday in Ecuador apparently, behind Christmas and before Nurses Day. They go CRAZY for mother's day down here.
We were lucky enough to see a little mother's day celebration at the hospital on Friday...honoring a bunch of moms, and they all wore these Miss America-like sashes and then one of them was crowned the mom of all moms and got a dishwasher for a prize. There were some performers, like this lady with purple hair. She gave herself an encore and asked a kid in my group if he had any contacts in the United States because she was wanting to sign with a label there. Haha....I think she liked him too.

But I guess it makes sense that Mother's Day is so big...cause there are lots of moms and everyone has a mom, right? I am grateful for many things about my mom. #1. She does not have purple hair. #2. That she makes pizza that I love more than almost anything. #3. She birthed me #4. She let me wear boy clothes and have a bowl cut for half of my elementary school career. Those are just a few...but I love my mom. and my dad. :) Happy Mother's Day to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment